Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contacting GR Support - how to confirm

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 22 Nov 2011 00:40

Can ayone tell me, when you contact GR support, is there any way if you can see if the message was sent succesfully?

I have sent one 5 minutes ago, but once you click submit it is gone. I am trying to report that when I am posting on threads, my comments aren't appearing, so I am not sure if my message to GR support will even get through.

If there is no way of seeing if your message has gone, an automated response or wording to say it has been submitted successfully, and a manner in which you could access it at a later point would be good!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Nov 2011 01:22

not so far as I know, Grace

Try emailing them, using an outside email address

...... I think the address is [email protected] (or .com)

or try www.genesreunited.co.uk, and put Support at the head of your message.

You still won't know if it has arrived ....... but you will know if it hasn't gone through.

sylvia

Persephone

Persephone Report 22 Nov 2011 01:42

Gracie

I sent them a message and they got it as you know. They e-mailed me so I used that address to reply back.... [email protected] ... I use za all the time and they gave me that as their e-mail address...

I can't remember what happened when I originally sent the question but I thought it did say success but that could be just me thinking that... I can't remember what I did with something in one room when I move into another room... apparently it is called compartmentalising... in built filing system.. It can be darn useless at times :-S

Cheers

Persie ;-)

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 22 Nov 2011 06:53

www in the name denotes a website, not an email address.

The GR support email address is

[email protected]

not tried the za em but this may well work as well as it probably just redirects to the same place.

Persephone

Persephone Report 22 Nov 2011 06:58

Correct

IGP .

They e-mailed me from the za address

I am sure Gracie can e-mail them to the au address or the nz one as well...

All roads lead to GR... (Rome)