Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GEDCOM will not download

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 6 May 2014 16:03

I have tried several times to export my GEDCOM to my email but it never ever arrives. I have checked my junk folder, not there either.,

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 6 May 2014 16:26

email [email protected] with any issues.

One a previous occasion this happened the export process had been switched off when site maintenance took place and not been re-started.

Kense

Kense Report 6 May 2014 22:13

I have just checked that mine has exported OK.

What does the status say on the home page. If it does not say Ready then there could be some problem.

Have you changed your email address and not informed GR. Check Account at the top of the page and select Change email which will tell you what they have as your current email address.

Peter

Peter Report 7 May 2014 16:31

thanks very much I will try what you say

Peter

Peter Report 7 May 2014 20:33

I have checked that my email is correct and that the web page says "Ready" I get the message "export Pending"
I have also checked my junk files but have still not got my GEDCOM. I have emailed help@ genes etc
thanks again

StephenGodfrey

StephenGodfrey Report 8 May 2014 19:24

One thing you could try - Change your email by retyping the same email address
this will ensure that the site have the correct details. A confirmation will be sent to you of the change. Your site email may have a dot within it that you can not see.
This will over right the details with the correct information...

Kense

Kense Report 8 May 2014 19:34

If the status is continually Export Pending then there is some problem with the export. GR will have to sort that.

Depending on the size of the tree and other requests being made at the same time, it should only take a couple of minutes until it changes to Exporting and then to Ready when the result has been sent.