WDYTYA Live Requests

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

End of first day!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

WDYTYA

WDYTYA Advisor Report 22 Feb 2013 18:26

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for all help you have provided today. The feedback from the fair has been amazing and lots of people didn't know that this resource existed. We'll be back again from 9.30 tomorrow. Hope to see you here.

The Genes Team

Janice

Janice Report 22 Feb 2013 18:33

Please can you do the sorted tick on the ones that have been answered?

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 22 Feb 2013 21:46

Please remind them to look for more replies. Several of the threads have more information on them which has not been acknowledged. Thanks.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 Feb 2013 22:19

Please remind people to give ALL the information they have ............ including where and when they were born, names of parents or siblings, which country they lived in, etc.....................

any little bit that could help us!

sylvia

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 22 Feb 2013 22:26

Do any of the Team at WDYTA know how to post a request on the boards ?

A thread by me might help

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1303333

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Feb 2013 23:55

Can I ask the team ( and warn helpers!) to check whether enquiries have been made by posters before.

I wasted a lot of time today searching records only to discover that a huge amount of work had already been done on the search by helpers on the FA board several years ago

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1246552?page=2

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 23 Feb 2013 00:09

That is a bit naughty

Wonder if that person is still a member

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 23 Feb 2013 01:20

hmmmmmmm ...

that is a bit naughty.

I guess they are hoping there is more information on the web now ......... but it would help to know what had already been found