General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dr Who

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 11 Oct 2015 13:44

Is anyone a fan of this programme apart
from my OH.

Am I the only one who can't stand it?

Patricia

Patricia Report 11 Oct 2015 13:48

Emma,

I can't stand it. I remember hiding behind a cushion many years ago, and have never watched it again...

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 11 Oct 2015 13:56

Patricia, glad I'm not alone, I keep hoping it will
get better but it never does.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Oct 2015 14:14

I watch it in the hope it will get better too!! :-(

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Oct 2015 14:25

I used to be, but can't get on with the storylines lately ( imo they nosedived after Russell T Davies went) , nor Clara, nor the very dark sets come to that of the bits I've seen lately.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 11 Oct 2015 14:43

Like you Rose I don't even understand the stories,
never could.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 11 Oct 2015 15:55

Oh dear, the voice of dissention here. I love Peter Capaldi, love these new grown up storylines.

Hated Matt Smith, who was trying too hard to be a cross between David Tennant and Patrick Troughton and failing miserably.

it has for me gone back to its roots. It was never a kids programme, it was, very loosely, a family programme. Aimed mainly at adults but kids could enjoy it.

Have watched every episode right from the very beginning, with the wobbly scenery
and very dodgy monsters!

I love it :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 11 Oct 2015 15:58

Nope I hate it too ;-) ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Oct 2015 16:01

DazedConfused I like Peter Capaldi as an actor, but prefer David Tennant and Chris Eccleston from the 'newer' Dr's :-) I am still spooked by the Daleks lol.

Lee

Lee Report 11 Oct 2015 16:39

Overhyped crap can't stand it.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Oct 2015 16:54

We, as individuals behind the sofa, or as 'maturing' adults have watched virtually every episode since its conception.

It takes a while for new actors to bed in to the title roll. Still not sure about Peter Capaldi nor the dark story lines.

It's fantasy. You either love it or loathe it ;-)

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 11 Oct 2015 17:06

It has recently markedly improved just when it seemed to be destined for a black hole somewhere in Cardiff.

The echos of Philip K. Dick and Ray Bradbury in the story lines are quite noticable. Be fun if they could contract out episodes to independents - I'd start with Ridley Scott and James Cameron.

Back in the 60s I actually sat inside a real BBC Dalek! Exterminate...
:-0

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 11 Oct 2015 17:08

Haven't watched it for yonks - don't really like the 'sexy' Dr Who - to me he was always a geeky sort of twit who was handy to have around, like Tom Baker.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 11 Oct 2015 17:20

Not far from Corsham, Wiltshire there is a site which has been an inspiration for a lot of UK SciFi series.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/underground_city

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Oct 2015 17:22

Error! Error!
The link doesn't work.

Wasnt there another site, a sand quarry somewhere?

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 11 Oct 2015 17:46

yes it does

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Oct 2015 17:50

That's strange - it does now. :-S

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 11 Oct 2015 18:00

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< behold my avatar.

Love it.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 11 Oct 2015 18:06

Guinevere thought you did :-)

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 11 Oct 2015 18:21

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D