General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Emmerdale,

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 4 Jan 2018 20:27

Clever twist! But where does Graham come into all this? Who actually is he and where does he fit in.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2018 15:05

No Emmerdale watchers around then?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Jan 2018 15:07

I'm hoping that Graham will end up giving Tom (or whatever his real name is) what he deserves.

Kath. x

Gillx

Gillx Report 5 Jan 2018 15:32

I was thinking the same thing. He seems a good guy so hopefully he'll step in and do something to help the Dingles. That Tom is a right piece of work isn't he? What did he say his name was Joseph Tate? I can't see Debbie letting him get away with it, can you?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 5 Jan 2018 15:51

Even more horrible now I know who his father was. I have to admit that he is a good actor whatever his real name is. The character is evil though, Debbie seems destined to not find somebody to be good to her. Although if she'd thought about it she would have realised it was all too good to be true.

Annx

Annx Report 5 Jan 2018 18:47

Joseph Tate said there's much more to come, so it will be interesting to see how far things go for the Dingles. Maybe he will want to ruin the garage next? He did look a bit thoughtful at hearing some things he didn't seem to know about his dad though and has only heard one side of things till now so things may change. Surely Emmerdale would lose most of it's characters if he succeeded in destroying the Dingles, so they won't do that! I don't think Graham will step in if he thinks he will lose his job as a result.

Annx

Annx Report 9 Jan 2018 17:00

So Graham's had enough and thrown the towel in! Young Sarah's a confident schoolgirl to go storming into Joe's workplace and office. I'd never have dared at her age. It looks like Debbie is going to have to expose her mum's past behaviour before someone else does.

Are Lawrence and co all leaving the soap?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 11 Jan 2018 22:58

I think joseph's father was Chris tate who was Zoes sister. Did charity have a fling with Chris tate? How does she fot in with him?

The tates were so long ago its hard to remember them.

Tonights episode was unexpected?

Florence
in the hebrides :-0

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Jan 2018 23:46

Charity was married to Chris Tate and her son Noah was Chris's son, so he is a half brother to the evil Joe Tate.

I try not to read spoilers about the soaps so tonight was a big surprise for me.

Kath. x

Annx

Annx Report 13 Jan 2018 15:13

Who will inherit all the money now Lawrence and Chrissie have died? Rebecca if she lives.........or might it be split between Seb and the unhinged Lochlan if she doesn't?? But might Lochlan confess and be charged with causing the deaths?

Robert doesn't seem so keen to have his son now he's got him full time, well he has him at least till we know if Rebecca will survive and be ok.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 13 Jan 2018 15:27

I think he is scared of having him full time which actually rings true (be careful what you wish for).

I think, if Becs dies the money will go to Lachlan and Seb. Lawrence died first so inherited by Chrissie and Becs (and maybe Lachlan and Seb if Lawrence had written them into the will), then Chrissie died so her share inherited by Lachlan then if Bec's dies her share inherited by Seb But really complicated I think.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Oct 2018 19:37

That was hard to watch, so sad. This week it is the 18th anniversary of our little grandson’s birth, born asleep almost the same circumstances except he didn’t live and was induced not full term with a chromosome disorder

Florence61

Florence61 Report 1 Oct 2018 20:17

Aw Ann <3 <3

Florence in the hebrides

Madge

Madge Report 1 Oct 2018 22:12

Ann <3

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 2 Oct 2018 12:01

<3 <3 Ann <3 <3

Barbra

Barbra Report 2 Oct 2018 12:49

It was a sad episode well acted but I was in tears Ann sorry you & family had to go through that <3 <3 Barbara xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Oct 2018 15:21

Thank you for your support. Yes Barbra it was very well acted and that is the problem it was so realistic. such great actors, it must have been hard to do those scenes. <3

Annx

Annx Report 7 Oct 2018 16:33

How sad Ann, it must have been hard to watch, having had it happen with your little grandson.

I think I must have missed a bit about Graham.....not sure how he became connected with Joe? He's chillingly cool and unflappable.

Why have we only just heard about Leila's fiance? Surely she would have told Jacob before now? She's a bit pushy waltzing in and trampling over sensitive feelings. David doesn't seem to know the 'no' word. No wonder he's always in hot water.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Oct 2018 16:44

David is a bit 'wet' (to use an old fashioned expression) isn't he? I think there is some suspicious connection between Graham and Kim Tate (Joes Aunt) and Joe but not really sure what. I think we may learn more next week.

I wonder if Leila is really engaged.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 7 Oct 2018 22:41

Graham had served in the British Army, participating in campaigns in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere. The "work hard, play hard" attitude of the forces led him to develop a drinking problem. Graham met a woman named Cheryl whom he got pregnant. Although Graham didn't love Cheryl, he did the decent thing and married her. Around Cheryl's due date, Graham took leave so he could be at his daughter's birth. After dropping Cheryl off at her baby shower, Graham headed to the pub where he downed a bottle of whisky. Cheryl was used to Graham being drunk so didn't make a scene when he arrived to pick her up intoxicated. On the drive home, Graham lost control of the car on a bend and flipped the car, killing both Cheryl and his unborn child.
Following the death of his wife and unborn daughter, Graham was discharged from the army and got a job as a school groundsman. Although he was drunk most of the time, Graham managed to hold on to his job as the headteacher was too embarrassed to sack him due to his background in the forces. It was at the school where Graham developed a close relationship with troubled teenager Joe Tate. Joe's aunt and guardian, Zoe Tate, even made Graham Joe's guardian to prevent Joe from being expelled. One night Graham set his groundsman's hunt on fire with himself inside. Joe found him and pulled him out. After the fire, Graham ditched the booze and started working for Joe.