General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Healing

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Jul 2018 22:38

I shared the going down with you, would you mind if I shared the coming up?

It was evident that something was going on in my inner mind. I usually have a packet of sweets on the go and make one last a fortnight but I ate two bags of toffee Poppets last week, one after the other and I was desperate for cheese and pickle sandwiches and knew I wasn't pregnant.

The other night my mind was racing so much I needed quite a large amount of lavender on the pillow to get to sleep. Next morning I was in the bath and had barely got comfortable before I was asleep, deep,deep sleep like the deep trances my hypnotherapist used to put me in, maybe even deeper than that. When I did finally wake up, and top up the hot water, I was very shaky and I cried and cried, my mind had presented me with another new perspective.

Once out of the tub and dressed I was very drained but I realized that the mental blocks I have had for so long did not seem to be there anymore.

I have made two pots of tea since then which I know is nothing to boast about but I have had a really big problem with using the kettle (there's logical!) since I lost the plot.The world is not as heavy.

I do hope this means that the lavender oil and dishcloth knitting have finally done the job.

Allan

Allan Report 13 Jul 2018 22:43

Fingers crossed, Sharron :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 13 Jul 2018 22:52

It sounds as if you have managed to clear you mind of a lot of clutter Sharron.
When we bottle loads of things up, eventually our mind is so full to capacity, that something has to give. That long soothing bath, allowed you to drift and let go.

I hope you feel refreshed and your mind lighter and clearer and long may it continue.

keep smiling and have positive thoughts :-) <3

Florence in the hebrides

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Jul 2018 22:53

Oh what great news Sharron you are most definitely on the up, keep up the good work <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Jul 2018 22:55

Hope so!! Stay strong, Sharron <3 <3

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 14 Jul 2018 00:24

I hope this is another big step up the ladder for you Sharron, and you can stay positive and upbeat. Treat yourself to more nice things and relaxing times and keep us sll posted.

Lizxx

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Jul 2018 01:14

Very good to hear Sharron :-D

David

David Report 14 Jul 2018 08:14

I hope your recovery is rapid and complete Sharron :-D

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 14 Jul 2018 08:43

That's brilliant news Sharron :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jul 2018 09:22

Brilliant Sharron, so good to hear. Onwards and upwards now, be kind to yourself and enjoy your life. <3 :-)

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Jul 2018 11:49

Really good to hear that things are looking more positive to you.

Through even your tough times,you managed to write with humour and be supportive to myself and others, so Thank you and I hope you continue on your upward path.

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Jul 2018 15:57

Thank you everybody.

I can't really say I have been unhappy through the time I have been mad, I have just had to wait it out. All the unhappiness was once and this is the result of it I think.

Don't have to eat my peas one at a time any more and cut each chip in four!

I am doing a bit more now and being careful to not trigger another panic attack because I think that is what all the mental blocks were and I think they go all the way back to when I was about eight.

Will probably get stuck into some housework, have even tackled a couple of things and look on the muck disappearing as a symbol of how my mind is also fresher.

Need to mention my OH, whose past behaviour has contributed some to this debacle but he has let me do it how I needed to and it has been hard on him. Good on him and Fred's mate!

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Jul 2018 17:05

Great news Sharron xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jul 2018 17:24

Well done to your OH and to Fred's mate :-D

Iris

Iris Report 14 Jul 2018 19:34

tackle one room at a time , Sharron, if you try to rush at it you will just end up feeling all flustered ,and you don't want that to happen ... :-S :-S

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Jul 2018 20:24

Room? One heap is more like it!

We each had mothers who were hoarders so grew up making a space to operate in. Hard as it is, I consciously try to put things in the right place, once I have created one,but OH is still clearing spaces.

Luckily, his professional training keeps the business end of the kitchen in some kind of order but I have to sort through all the things he has "just put there for now" which are still there.

It took time to explain to him that taking things from the bag and putting them in any available space in the kitchen is not putting the shopping away, it is emptying the shopping bag. This was finally tackled the day I had to ring him at work to ask him where the loaf was because it was not in the bread bin and Fred wanted his dinner. Silly me, why did I not think to look under that tea cloth that was draped over the preserving pan?!

I have organized the kitchen cupboards when I have felt up to it so I do. at least. know where the utensils are.

Sometimes I think it is no wonder I lost the plot big-time!

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Jul 2018 12:57

Ooh dear.

This morning I had no power so I needed to go into the cupboard under the stairs where I have not really looked since I lost it.

I really quite wish I had not been in there. He has filled it up with who knows what!
Just like his mother who puts curtains over heaps!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Jul 2018 15:22

Oooh! That's an idea - curtains over my hoard :-D :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 17 Jul 2018 15:29

Don't think there's a curtain big enough for mine :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Jul 2018 16:29

She has several rooms full of curtained heaps!