General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

** Hello Again **

Page 1 + 1 of 4

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbra

Barbra Report 24 May 2019 11:48

Hello Joan are you alright not seen you posting for a while.Florence .Ann G hope you are okay lovely day here a bit breezy washing drying nicely x Enjoy your weekend :-D Barbara x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 May 2019 09:23

Hello Barbra and others who look in, hope you are all OK. Florence it must be worrying for you but they can do so much with surgery these days to give a new lease of life.

We came back from Wales on Thursday and are just about straight, just a bit more washing to do and a bit more in the garden. Unfortunately I copied Joan while away and had a bit of a fall. Not as bad as Joan though, I fell off a curb and twisted my foot when I went down. It didn't swell but is still painful over a week ago now. It is not the ankle but across the top of my foot. I think I pulled a ligament or even just badly bruised it. The bruise is just about showing. It is a nuisance more than anything as I am limping so can't really do what I want in the garden. I can supervise though.

Have a good day anyway, we won't go far as Gloucester is set to be gridlocked because of the Tall ships festivaal. :-) :-)

Florence61

Florence61 Report 25 May 2019 13:15

Morning all.
Aw Ann that sounds really painful and there's not a quick fix sadly.It may take 3-4 weeks to heal properly.I guess a support foot bandage might help when you are on your feet?

I once put my foot down a rabbit hole in cornwall whilst on a walk.Foot went right in up to top of ankle and I thought I had broken it. That was 30 years ago and still its a weak ankle and swells up if im on it too much.Just one of those things but so irritating when it stops you going about your daily business.
Hope you get better soon.

I have been given an appointment to see surgeon but its not until july. GP is on the case to bring it forward as soon as but its in Glasgow.They cover the whole of the north of Scotland so a big area and many people to see like me.

Because I haven't been on much recently, what happened to Joan? Did she fall and is she ok? If someone can update me please

Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 25 May 2019 15:49

Hi florence Joan fell a long time ago at her daughter's wedding, she hurt her ribs and still suffers pain. Otherwise I think she is ok.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 25 May 2019 22:10

Aw thanks for telling me Ann
Well Joan if you look in im sending you lots of healing thoughts to help you.So sorry to hear you fell and at the wedding too...how awful.

Florence in the hebrides <3

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 28 May 2019 16:29

Hello everyone.

Ann....so sorry to hear that you had a fall, horrible experience, hope you are on the mend & not in too much pain.

Florence... thanks for you good wishes. yes my fy fall was at our daughters wedding 18mths ago, wrenched a leg & twisted ankle on other leg but the worst thing was the falling backwards onto granite steps, really hurt my back & ribs, badly winded that I couldn't breathe & i was making an awful snorting noise! i thought i was on my way out!!
Eventually with help I managed to get to a seat, we had just had the marriage ceremony & so i didn't seek medical aid etc. I look awful in the photos!!!
A few days following the fall I was sitting at the side of the bed when i heard/felt a crack & awful pain in my rib area near the sternum, since then I have not been able to do much without help, it has been a long haul to get things on track & though things have improved I am still experiencing rib pain when attempting to do things!

A few weeks after my fall my hubby had to go to hospital. he was found to have an infection of the sternum & other things & spent 6 weeks there undergoing tests etc, a nightmare for both of us because of my rib /back problem I was unable to visit him due to not being able to travel in my daughters "sporty" low lying car, the hospital is over 30 miles away & I just couldn't manage to travel that distance.

But there is always someone worse off than me. I am so sorry to hear of your medical problems, & Gasgow is such a distance, Aberdeen is bad enough, I do hope that all will be well with you in the future.

Well girls that's all for today, not much going on here, though hubby & I have managed some time in the garden recently, 1/2 an hour is all we can do but it's better than nothing, it is very difficult going into the garden as it is soooo overgrown not having been able to heep on top of things this past 18mths!
I have been very weepy since my fall & seeing the garden in such a state is very upsetting, just hope we can get it back to how it was in time! it was never to Alan Titchmarsh standards but it was tidy!

Well girls off to see about our tea, something simple today, Pie, veg & gravy.

Bye for now, take care.

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 29 May 2019 10:32

Good morning peeps.

Well Joan I never realised all that had happened to you.Think I must have been away from the boards at the time.
It's better just doing a little.I know you are thinking the garden needs to be looking in better shape, I would too but your health has to come first as im finding out!

Ive been off all week again with yet another chest infection. It does get you down especially when you are used to running around at 100 mph...which I used to!

Im off to Drs again tomorrow to see what she thinks. Unfortunately my appointment in Glasgow on 4th July cannot be moved so I have to be very patient.

Its cold, overcast and 9 degrees here today.hardly summery. The wind is so cold I don't feel like venturing outside at all but you get stale being indoors for so long.

Hope anyone else who looks in today is well.

Actually pie, veg and gravy sounds very tasty.Ive got frozen pastry and chicken breasts so I may just make a pie myself...Good comfort food as they say.

Take care everyone

Florence in the hebrides

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 29 May 2019 18:39

Hi to all~~~~~~

Oh my Florence you are not doing too well with your health are you, hope the infection clears soon.
I so wish i could put the clock back to the day before daughters wedding! I get sooo down sometimes, sooo frustrated at not being able to do what I always managed before the fall! there are so many things that are now difficult to deal with but I HAVE to try doing as much as possible otherwise i will end up confined to my bed & the house.

Anyway you take care of yourself.

All the best to everyone looking in.

Joan.

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 31 May 2019 11:00

Morning everyone
What a horrid day here. Pouring down and so grey, very depressing!
Well doctor put me off for another week. I had fluid in both lungs and lots of crackling.
Quite glad really as im not fit for work and its not fair coughing away infront of others either.

Hope everyone else ok and you all have a good weekend. Think the weather away from here looks quite promising, even some of the yellow stuff..lol

Take care everyone
Florence in the hebrides

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 May 2019 13:03

Oh poor you Florence that sounds a nasty infection, I hope you have medication for it. Hopefully a week of rest will help.

Joan, To a much lesser intent I do know how you feel. I only have the injured foot to contend with but it does slow me down, I have to plan where I am going round the house to minimise journeys as going up and down stairs is painful. Pain is so tiring too isn't it. I did manage to help OH in the garden yesterday, nothing too strenuous, planted a few petunias and supervised where he was positioning pots. Then cut back a few stragglers. However even through doing that I suffered this morning. So mainly being doing sitting down jobs like monthly accounts :-( :-(

Barbra

Barbra Report 5 Jun 2019 12:35

Hello All hope you are ok Florence. x .we are not to bad fed up with all the Rain garden very colourful though x so doing some good right ladies Take Care Bye For Now Barbara :-) :-) xx

Barbra

Barbra Report 12 Jun 2019 11:18

Hello hope Joan okay & Hubby .we have had some heavy rain more to come not June weather is it. Not a lot happening but housework shopping .going to AYR on Sunday for a change. Nice run up the coast .if any one looks in enjoy your week Take Care Barbara x

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 12 Jun 2019 20:47

Hello Barbara & anyone else looking in.

Hubby & I are not too bad!! thanks for asking, i'm still feeling discomfort in the rib area things are improving but oh sooo slowly.
Managed some garen tasks but we are finding it hard going! not able to get out today because it has rained all day, hope it doesn't last otherwise we won't get back into gardening mood again!

Shopping tomorrow, i like going to Morrisons,but we tire very quickly these days & so we are glad to get back home again.
Hoping we will be able to get down the house road ok, the farmer has laid some hardcore on it this evening, just one load so doesn't cover the whole road (track) but hoping he has mad e decent job of it & our car & other ordinary vehicals can get along it ok & he hasn't just spread the hardcore around for his farm machinery to travel on!!

Hoping everyone is feeling better than of late, (Barbara,Florence & Ann) take care of yourselves.
Bye just now.

Joan.

Barbra

Barbra Report 14 Jun 2019 11:36

Hello Joan & anyone who looks in not a bad day here good drying day Joan its hard when jobs we did without thinking get harder know were you are coming from .have you got fish & chips for dinner today .hope the weather gets warmer it is flaming June enjoy your weekend Take Care :-D :-) Barbara x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Jun 2019 11:48

Hello all

Well, it rained from lunch time yesterday and was still raining this morning but stopped about an hour ago. The garden is looking very green and like a jungle, even though last Monday was a dry day and we were able to get it looking tidy again. The rain makes all the plants look so droopy as the full heads of flowers are too heavy when wet. We have some very large poppies in the garden which are all just coming into flower, love to see them but they do look sad at the moment and a bit bedraggled. Still some people would love the rain, I suppose we are never satisfied.

Sunday we go to our daughter's in the Lake District so hoping it will at least stay dry for a while, we are up ther for 12 days although the last five we are there on our own as they are off on their holiday to Turkey.

Hope Florence is OK. Joan, it does sound as if you are a little better so hope that keeps progressing so you can get out and enjoy your garden. Hope the road is ok for your car.
Enjoy your road trip Barbara. :-) :-) :-)

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 14 Jun 2019 16:36

Hi girls, much better day for us today, but after the rain the past 2 days everything is soaking, & some huge puddles around.
Ann....The house road wasn't too bad to drive on!! but putting the stuff down when it was raining so heavily seemed a bit daft in my opinion! farmer is just now adding more but not sure if it's on top of the previous lot or if he's going further along the road?

Yes Barbara we are having fish & chips today, lol, but it's an already prepared / coated fish because I couldn't get any fresh wet from the fish counter!
Annoyed about that as it has been hit & miss whether there will be any Haddock/Cod for several weeksnow, peterhead is the largest fich port & yet Morrisons don't seem to be getting much in these days!
Much prefer to prepare my own fish, not had the one we are having tonight before so hoping it will be ok!

Well duty calls, time to see to the meal, hope everyone has a nice weekend.

edit....well the fish we had was actually very nice, & took no cooking in the oven, I cooked it on a lower temp for a wee bit longer than the instructions said,reason being i don't like to cook too quickly or the batter coating gets too hard for my liking.
I would buy it again if I cannot get fresh fish.

Joan.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 14 Jun 2019 19:48

Evening everyone

Well last few days has been wet, windy and really quite chilly. I lit the stove last night and was glad of the heat and felt cosy.

Im going back to work on Monday after nearly 3 weeks off. Feel better although still coughing a little. We then only have 2 weeks until we break for summer so think ill be fine til then.

I have been working on my mums family tree and have completed 18 A3 pages but its all done as much as I can do.So my brain has been quite productive really lol

Ann hope your trip goes well and you have a nice time with your daughter etc. Hope the sun shines for you.
Joan, glad you enjoyed the fish. I sometimes buy fresh smoked haddock from local supplier but its jolly expensive but very tasty.Glad you manage outside but just take care and little bits at a time.

Barbara wherever you are, hope your road trip is going well and you're having a super time.

If only summer would come, the sun would shine and the temperature would heat up, then we could all get outside and catch some well needed Vit D.

Have a good weekend everyone

Florence in the hebrides

Barbra

Barbra Report 15 Jun 2019 11:05

Good Morning Joan .glad your fish was alright we have a van that comes In the avenue every Thursday but he is so expensive have bought off him but nothing wrong with Birds Eye Cod in Breadcrumbs Have a good Journey Ann & OH enjoy your holiday .Florence great to hear you are going back to work look after yourself .right ladies all for now Bye Barbara :-D xx

Barbra

Barbra Report 21 Jun 2019 09:31

Good morning All who look in enjoy your weekend . hope you are a'll okay .bright start here will it rain? TAKE Care x

Barbra

Barbra Report 21 Jun 2019 09:42

Joan enjoy your fish & chips ..