General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Always there at work.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Sep 2019 15:25

In my youth, if you worked in a place where a number of other people were also employed, you always knew that there would be one bloke who had a bit of Elastoplast on the arm of his glasses, one who always had a bit of cotton wool in his ear and one with a pencil behind his ear.

I think it might have been the law then that you had to employ these three people.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Sep 2019 15:30

You have forgotten the one who thought he was God's gift to women :-D :-D

Dermot

Dermot Report 13 Sep 2019 15:52

Or the smelly one in a pin-striped suit & stained tie on hot Summer days.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Sep 2019 15:59

Or the P A who thinks she is the only one who can make a perfect cup of tea for the boss.

Caroline

Caroline Report 13 Sep 2019 16:15

What about the person that knew everything but did nothing?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Sep 2019 16:22

everybody thought someone should do something but no one could decide who was best/worst....at anything..

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Sep 2019 16:26

And that one with the racing bike.

Dermot

Dermot Report 13 Sep 2019 16:28

Or the one who always enjoyed a 'liquid' lunch.

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 13 Sep 2019 16:45

The one who had a University degree in Electronics but can't tell you which component or it's capaticance etc that is laying on the bench :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Sep 2019 17:05

And the one who was sly and would put an arm over your shoulders or a sly touch on the waist who you thought was creepy but couldn’t pinpoint it
We had one who was a Batchelor and came across as quiet inoffensive guy

He was creepy though

One time after a particular hot weekend I had caught the sun a bit across the shoulders and I was talking to some colleagues when he came over and did the slimy arm over the shoulder nearly touching one boob and I shouted ouch !!!

He jumped back all of a dither and said so sorry

Never touched me up again though

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Sep 2019 17:08

I would have been grateful, Shirley.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 13 Sep 2019 17:11

Sharron. :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 14 Sep 2019 16:13

As long as he didn't knock my pencil out from behind my ear!

David

David Report 14 Sep 2019 16:50

There was always one had six fountain pens in his breast pocket.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Sep 2019 18:40

We had one who smoked a pipe and it was awful.So one day when he went out of the office, the" boys" emptied the pipe, chopped up elastic bands and put them in the pipe and topped it up with the remains from before.
When he lit it, it was hilarious and even smellier which made him consider not smoking it in the office anymore;-)))))

Florence in the hebrides

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Sep 2019 19:13

One I worked with would throw a wobbly from time to time and would invariably light his pipe while he marched about banging in to things.

In the cause of a quiet life we would pop a bit of cannabis in his pipe in the morning.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 15 Sep 2019 20:04

:-D :-D :-D :-D Sharron

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 15 Sep 2019 20:14

Dermot. Years ago my friend invited a colleague to her home made her fully undress and told her to have a bath, she needed more than one to get clean, then had her clothes laundered, neither her nor her clothes had seen soap and water for a few years.

Annx

Annx Report 16 Sep 2019 01:52

The one who who thought deodorant was unatural yet needed it the most. Why did they always seem to sit with their hands on their head giving us all maximum exposure?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 Sep 2019 18:14

Don't forget the office worker who feels the need to thump the keyboard as hard as possible when doing their 'one fingered' typing.