General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

TONIGHT....Ant and Dec’s DNA Journey.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 10 Nov 2019 12:21

ITV 9pm

Continues on Monday.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Nov 2019 15:05

I've already set this to record. Looks very interesting.

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Nov 2019 17:07

Just set it up to record and with a series link for tomorrow’

Thanks for the reminder :-D

kandj

kandj Report 10 Nov 2019 17:36

Thanks for the reminder Mr M. I plan to watch both.

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 10 Nov 2019 19:25

Thanks Mr M <3

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Nov 2019 22:51

Am having to watch it on ITV +1.
Final episode of the amazing 'World on Fire'.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Nov 2019 07:59

Surprising Ant didn’t look as if he had any problems in the first episode .
He seemed to be his usual self and the bantering didn’t stop

Don’t usually like them but warmed up to them and their friendship from this first showing .

He did look rough during the rehab when he was out and about but looks so much better now . He even seems less lined

Have set up tonight’s episode to record :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Nov 2019 10:21

Entertaining at best .,pointless excerise IMO as it contained no finer details to show even a glimpse of how the DNA results even looked or how comparisons are given.to enlighten the novice,,,,a good ad for DNA kit sellers,,,,,,,,,also these shows never give any indication of what can involve large sums of money...….FH with solid proof can come with lots of ££££££££££ signs,

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Nov 2019 10:27

I enjoyed it, I've always liked them anyway, but thought they addressed the breach in their closeness with honesty .

The only think that irked me was the DNA expert, who said that Irish records were quote "crappy", that's not true and would put people off the so called 'old fashioned' way of researching.

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Nov 2019 10:36

Cross posted with Kay, that's the other thing I was disappointed by. I thought from the tone at the beginning, that some where along the line there would at least be a simple explanation of how the DNA matches are worked out, something the average person, ie me, could understand, without too many fancy words lol.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Nov 2019 11:43

Some of the Irish records are hit and miss,,,,,,,but then like any other they didn't envisage being sought after by anyone 200years later,,,,,,,I know Ive had hit and misses.

Rambling

Rambling Report 11 Nov 2019 11:55

Kay I still can't get beyond abt 1840 with proof, but it did help when I realised the first name variants of Jeremiah :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 11 Nov 2019 12:03

I'm at 1776--9,,,,,,,, Rose......beyond that its anyones guess,but have a local area to explore,,

They certainly picked a name and stuck to it, for years. :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 11 Nov 2019 12:05

Enjoyed the programme but I do with anything
to do with family history.

Also not a lover of Ant and Dec like Shirley.

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 11 Nov 2019 18:32

Bump :-D

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 11 Nov 2019 23:45

Fascinating, when Ant went to see his cousins - and they thought Dec looked more like their relations!
A couple of years ago, me, the ex, our daughters and their children were in a pub.
The daughters started doing 'face transplants' on their phones.
Eldest daughter and her eldest son were indistinguishable - but her youngest son looks totally different. We just hoped he wasn't the spitting image of his father - known by the family as 'Tw*tbadger' due to our lack of respect for him.
Then my ex, who had been going through photo's his recently deceased aunt had, sent a photo of himself, the same age as the youngest grandson - you couldn't tell them apart (phew!) :-D :-D :-D He may be my ex - but he's got morals and loves his children and grandchildren!

It's weird - I was the spitting image of my mum, as a child, but neither of my children look like either me, or their dad!

Edit: The other strange thing I found out whilst doing genealogy is that both ex and I have New Forest 'traveller' ancestry. His dad was a generation older than my family - born between my grandmothers.
Ex's New Forest grandmother worked in the same farmhouse in Sway (though at a different time) as my New Forest great grandmother :-S

Methinks, maybe, he needs to take a DNA test, and perhaps we should compare his and mine :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 12 Nov 2019 12:14

Enjoyed the second part of their journey and found myself
enjoying the banter between the two of them.

Mersey

Mersey Report 12 Nov 2019 12:51

I am watching it now, tell Auntie Barb :-D :-D

BarbinSGlos

BarbinSGlos Report 12 Nov 2019 14:12

good girl Mersey,~~~~~~ enjoy :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Nov 2019 14:39

Still not that enamoured
Think the conclusion of you are cousins is a bit too twee and my thought was surely that would show earlier

I find them very childish TBH and often thought oh grow up several times

Makes you think wives would have a hard time finding their place in their relationship