General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PLEASE ..........

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Nov 2019 00:49

There seems to be some strife happening on this Board.

It looks as though it is becoming nasty

and it happened yesterday as well ............... Remembrance Day which is a very important day for remembering people who gave up their lives so we would have free speech.

I know Sunday is the biggest day for you guys, but we here still observe Remembrance Day, with services, parades, and thanksgiving for why lives were lost.

It was VERY disappointing to come on here and see so much nastiness.

I didn't read the threads concerned, not interested in them, but I couldn't avoid seeing that OPs had been RR"d. And the same thing happened today.

Please stop it.

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 13 Nov 2019 06:45

I totally agree with you, Sylvia!

I've sent a complaint to GR not that I suppose it will do much good but at least I've got it off my chest!

Dermot

Dermot Report 13 Nov 2019 07:23

Words are a powerful tool, but ones so easily misused.

Is there anything on this earth not capable of annoying someone, somewhere? :-S

Allan

Allan Report 13 Nov 2019 08:16

At last, a breath of sanity.

Thank you, Sylvia

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 13 Nov 2019 09:18

I didn’t look in yesterday, so didn’t see anything.

Here as well as the big parade on Sunday, we also have a well attended ceremony in the market square at 11am on the 11th. I went to that and it was was poignant as ever

Island

Island Report 13 Nov 2019 11:04

I deleted my previous comment - just in case anyone has already seen it.

Sylvia, I know it can't be helped due to location but, while I agree with you to some extent, you are late to the party so no need to stir the pot.
I thank you. :-D

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Nov 2019 11:20

Island as you say it can't be helped that someone is late to post an opinion on the situation, it could have been any of us anywhere ( night owls here, early birds elsewhere).

But maybe a reminder to the more mature ( older!) that they could restrain themselves on a day which here at least was supposed to be about remembrance and reconciliation?

No doubt it will continue at a different time, as history on here proves ;-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Nov 2019 11:28

Before anyone is named as a suspect I reported Barbra's post, she is clearly upset and may ( as she has done in the past ) want to reconsider whether the argument is worth leaving the board over.

Barbra

Barbra Report 13 Nov 2019 11:51

Why has my post been reported what a load of sad people Barb did say 29veiws no replies AW cyber bullies. My original one was just chat between Ann G Florence. JOAN .I REALLY AM UPSET WILL NEVER EVER POST AGAIN ON GR I HAVE REPORTED BULLYING TO GR HAD A REPLY THAT'S IT FOR ME NOW Barbara

Sharron

Sharron Report 13 Nov 2019 11:58

Oh bugger!

I have missed it all again.

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Nov 2019 11:58

I have told you why I reported above Barbra,

Island

Island Report 13 Nov 2019 12:09

As I posted earlier - no need to stir the pot, so well done.

Barbra

Barbra Report 13 Nov 2019 12:22

Rose I apologise thought you had reported my long standing post from May .let's just say Bye please God this is it now Barbara

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 13 Nov 2019 13:08

Sylvia...as you stated you never saw the post in question which caused a rumpus on the boards.

I will not and NEVER will sit back and watch someone being called vile names, in my opinion an attack which came out the blue...be it friend or poster.

I thought my response was quite apt given the nature of the abuse to a fellow poster.

Dermot

Dermot Report 13 Nov 2019 14:14

I'm sure I saw an article recently concerning the recruitment of much needed nurses from abroad to make up for the apparent lack of suitable UK born candidates.

On the other hand, French President Macron is intending to tighten rules on immigration & asylum.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Nov 2019 17:21

I have deleted my post, because I realised that I had posted in anger, just as obviously happened on other threads.

I was so very disappointed that it was thought that I had no right to comment because I live in a different part of the world.

It will however make no difference to me. I can't help it that most people are on here when I am not. It is still my right to post a thread on any subject that I like, and I will continue to do so.

but as Dermot posted ............

"Words are a powerful tool, but ones so easily misused."

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 13 Nov 2019 18:32

Perhaps it should be realised, this board is part of the World Wide (see those two words?) Web.
As such, people from all over the world can post whenever they want.
If, as it appears, someone only wants people to post when it's convenient to 'them', perhaps they should just start their own site - for them and their friends.
Or alternatively, if they just want 'local' talk, arrange a coffee morning! :-D :-D

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 13 Nov 2019 18:40

I never read your deleted post Sylvia but I agree with
Maggie it doesn't matter where in the world you or anyone else live,
you have the right to make comments the same as everyone else.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Nov 2019 19:17

Thank you maggie and Emma, and also Allan and LondonBelle.xx

Island

Island Report 13 Nov 2019 20:10

Of course everyone can post regardless of where they are but putting up a thread with no knowledge of what led up to the 'issue' or what was posted, especially as things had calmed, seems like flaming to me.

Trust me, you don't want to be waving the red rag as some of us have found an innocent wave of a silk hanky has 'released the beast'.