General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Toot Toot it's Thursday

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 13 May 2021 10:44

:-D :-D <3 :-D :-D <3 :-D :-D

What a grey day :-( :-D

Hugs for them that need em <3 <3

Fly

Fly Report 13 May 2021 10:59

Morning Belle :-D <3

Sunny Here :-D :-D just saying ;-)

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 13 May 2021 11:15

Morning Fly <3 :-D

Are you teasing :-0 :-P :-D

Von

Von Report 13 May 2021 11:35

Morning all :-D <3

Wet wet wet here oh and did I mention it’s wet :-| :-| :-|

I know we needed rain but not everyday ;-)

Have a good day <3 <3

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 May 2021 12:22

Early afternoon all :-)

Damp but brightening here.
Fine enough for a short walk earlier, because I think we are due a deluge later :-0

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 13 May 2021 13:15

Sunny here also :-D <3

Have a nice day all <3 <3

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 13 May 2021 13:29

Afternoon everyone. <3 :-D

Glorious spring weather here. I was sitting in the sunshine with a coffee waiting for my grocery delivery this morning when my neighbour (the intensive care ward sister) told me that there had been no covid cases in for more than a week and the covid ward was still empty in our local hospital.

Good news indeed. <3

Stay safe y'all. <3 :-D

Von

Von Report 13 May 2021 14:22

That’s really great Joy <3

Unfortunately it isn’t the same story in Bedfordshire where the Indian variant is spreading. A three fold increase. :-(

Now the football has been moved to Portugal fans can fly there and won’t have to quarantine when they return :-| :-|

Sorry for the rant <3 <3
I think the HS2 pile driving today has addled my brain ;-) ;-)

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 13 May 2021 14:35

Hi Von. <3 :-D

Rant away, I would!

It seems silly for people not to have to quarantine when travelling back from Portugal as the fans attending the match will be from around the globe, I expect.

I feel sorry for everyone who is or who will be affected by HS2 because, from what I've read, it seems unnecessary - and particularly more so in the tech world we live in when it has been seen how easy it is for conferences and meetings to take place via the net.

It seems to me that if they continue with HS2 it may only be so that someone saves face!

You know more about it than I do Von - what do you think?

Von

Von Report 13 May 2021 16:00

Joy :-D <3

Don’t get me started on HS2. I think the way local people are being treated by HS2 as a company is appalling. They are riding rough shod over people and people are constantly having to take them to task :-| :-| :-|

We have lost a huge amount of local ancient woodland, properties demolished and a local sailing and outdoor activities centre.
I appreciate that you can’t build a railway without some disruption but it’s heart breaking to see some of the destruction.Tunnelling begins today and as I say the constant thump thump thump of the pile drivers is like having a very bad headache. Trouble is with covid restrictions you can’t get away from it. I’m not right next to it either so it must be far worse for a lot of others :-(
With the latest cracks appearing in the fast trains that we have currently there is clearly a lot more work to do on designing the new trains for a high speed line. :-S :-S
On a brighter note the sun has just appeared
:-D :-D :-D

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 13 May 2021 16:15

I never saw the need of HS2 just to save a few minutes' journey-time - and even less need now, as video conferencing and zoom meetings increase.

I have to wonder who are the few who are going to benefit from HS2 at the expense of many now that appearing in person is no longer necessary for meetings and conferences.

Those cracks would put me off, Von. The Hitachis were made (or assembled, I am not sure which) in the NE. I can't see cracks in engines being an easy thing to repair either ..... but I am no engineer, so I don't really know.

I can only imagine the rotten time people who live closer to the work than you do are having. :-(

Von

Von Report 13 May 2021 16:56

Joy we’re just over a quarter of a mile away from the workings so far worse for those next to it :-(

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 13 May 2021 17:31

It must be awful, Von.

Do you get the impression that HS2 is old hat now that more people will not be meeting or conferencing face to face but rather online? It must surely mean that even fewer will benefit from it than was first envisaged? But who will be brave enough to pull the plug, I wonder?

Fly

Fly Report 13 May 2021 18:58

Evening :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 13 May 2021 19:01

races in and gets chair in the corner

Evening :-D :-D <3 <3

Fly

Fly Report 13 May 2021 19:06

Evening Pay :-D <3 did you miss the chair :-0 :-D :-D :-D

Von

Von Report 13 May 2021 19:06

Evening :-D <3

Joy I’ve just watched the head of HS2 pontificating about how many jobs they are creating and how many trees they have planted.
He forgot to mention that a large percentage of those trees died through neglect.
From what I’ve seen for every man employed 5 are employed to watch him :-0 :-0 :-0 :-|

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 13 May 2021 19:08

no I climbed in OK.

didn't know I'd changed my name :-S

Fly

Fly Report 13 May 2021 19:08

Evening Von :-D <3 pontificating :-0 get you :-D :-D :-D :-D

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 13 May 2021 19:09

Evening Von :-D :-D <3 <3