Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find deborah brunt

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nessy30

Nessy30 Report 19 Jan 2017 23:17

Hi my name is vanessa and I'm trying to locate deborah brunt she was born in Stoke-on-Trent in 1967 not sure if she still lives in Stoke on trent or moved to new Zealand if anyone can help me plz brunt was here maiden name she could be something else now her mum was sheila

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Jan 2017 23:50

Welcome to the boards, Vanessa. Could you explain why you are interested in her whereabouts please? Friend, Family?

If she went to NZ, when would that have been?

Nessy30

Nessy30 Report 19 Jan 2017 23:54

She will be my half sister and not sure if she did go new Zealand with her mum or they stayed in Stoke but she was being adopted but don't no if she was or not

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jan 2017 00:01

Although there is a marriage in 1965 between a Mr Brunt and a lady with the same surname as that shown on Deborah's birth reg, it isn't Sheila.

Did she have any siblings?
Do you know her father's name?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jan 2017 00:06

That makes it a different search then. Do you believe she would have been given up at birth? Which parent do you share? Your father?

If a child was adopted, their name would have been changed. There's no easy way to find her unless she wants to be.

Have you searched all members trees - top right under Search - to see if she is listed in anyone elses trees? If she is, and the tree owner is not known to, send a message using the 'find out more' button.

Have you added her name and yours to the Adoption Contact Register?
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Nessy30

Nessy30 Report 20 Jan 2017 00:10

Yes sheila harding and Trevor brunt got married and had deborah brunt

Nessy30

Nessy30 Report 20 Jan 2017 00:14

I found her birth certificate and an electrol certificate could be hers up to 2013

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jan 2017 00:17

OK - got it. 1966 in Newcastle-under-Lyme.

Assuming they parted, when was that? Could the adoption have been by her mother's new partner, if there was one? Or was she being adopted out of the family?

Added - don't assume that the ER is for your half-sister. Another Deborah Brunt is registered in 1st quarter 1966. She was also born in Stoke on Trent

Nessy30

Nessy30 Report 20 Jan 2017 00:24

Yes they parted and her new partner was going to adopt her but no one knows can you suggest anything many thanks :-)

Nessy30

Nessy30 Report 20 Jan 2017 00:25

Yes I share same father

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jan 2017 00:30

Just going back the 2013 ER. The Deborah you found took the surname Brunt at marriage. It is not her maiden name.

When did Sheila and Trevor seperate/divorce? Could Sheila have married her new gentleman? Presumably her father was paying maintenance for Deboarah. Is anyone able to tell you when that ceased as that would be an indication if she was adopted.
It is possible to use any surname you like, as long as it isn't for illegal purposes. Its also possible to change it by deed-poll.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jan 2017 00:36

Floating ideas, which would need a copy of the marriage certificate to compare with Trevor & Sheila's. That's so that you can check that the name of her father is the same on both. He 'should' be a Harding.

There is a marriage for Sheila Brunt in Newcastle under Lyme in 1973. There are other marriages in other parts of the country

Nessy30

Nessy30 Report 20 Jan 2017 00:37

No one knows if she married her new partner that's all I have to go but my mum and dad got married about 1973

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jan 2017 00:48

Most on-line passenger lists end at 1960. Its unlikely that we could find any record after then regardless of what surname they were using.

Nessy30

Nessy30 Report 20 Jan 2017 00:51

So I have no chance of finding her many thanks

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jan 2017 01:12

Never say never. it does happen. Us old hands have seen new members appear on old threads to say that they either are, or know the person being looked for.

There are several things you can do in the hope that she eventually decides to look for her father's family.

Make sure that she is on your own tree on this site. Even if you decide to not to renew your sub, make sure that you DO NOT cancel your membership; just allow if to lapse. That way she can contact you via the site. Consequently, even if you change your email provider, make sure that Genes is still linked to the most current one. Many people create seperate free email addresses for a specitic purpose eg @hotmail or @gmail.
Free members can receive and reply to messages but can't instigate them.

Find her birth and her parent's marriage references on https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
You can leave a message on that site, called a Post'em. Say something along the lines of birth sister would welcome contact or Brunt half-sister would welcome contact from Deborah Brunt, and leave your 'free' email address. Its along shot, but anything is worth trying.

Look for any reunion sites you can and add her name & identify her parents. One such is https://www.missing-you.net/ . There are others.
See if you can find any based in NZ just in case she did emigrate

Nessy30

Nessy30 Report 20 Jan 2017 17:52

Thanks for all your help :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 20 Jan 2017 18:23

The name or names has been changed according to the reg index..

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Jan 2017 19:09

If you purchase the marriage certificate you will get Sheila's age and father. This could help you track down her siblings.

Rose

Nessy30

Nessy30 Report 20 Jan 2017 19:43

Do you no what the names are plz and who's marriage certificate do I need to purchase thanks