Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Robert Heap

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Abbey

Abbey Report 25 Feb 2020 21:29

Hello. You may see I tried this before but I was younger and didn’t really understand a lot. I’m looking for my mums half brother Robert Heap. Now I really don’t know anything about him other then he was born around 1943 I think in wednesbury & his mother’s name at time was Ida Rose Heap. I know she got married after that to a Richard Evans and they had a son call Barry Evans again another half brother of my mums. We have found him but turns out his dad and my nan spilt not long after he was born and her never sore her or Robert again. ( he went to live with his dad) So has little to no information. The only reason I think he was born in 1943 is because I found a marriage record which ties up with what my mum remembers of the last time she sore Robert which was when she was about 2/3 at his wedding in Birmingham which I think I found ??? Nothing to tell me right or wrong. Only other info I have is he moved to New Zealand not long after this around 1965/70. Any help with his would be great if you could find my nans name on birth certificate so we have something to go on anything just so we can start. Thank you

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 Feb 2020 21:45

There's a Robert L bn 1942 Wednesbury possible marriage in 1965. Both of those are on freebmd.org.uk to confirm you'd have to buy the certs from the GRO.

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 Feb 2020 21:50

This is one of a couple of earlier threads, mentioning Robert

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1188431?page=1

Abbey did you get either the birth cert as was mentioned in the previous threads or do any further research on possible marriage?

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 Feb 2020 21:56

There's a Robert L heap living in the west midlands on electoral rolls, don't know if it might be him?

possibly two children to the marriage ( 1963) , you can find them using surnames on freebmd. Once you have you could try looking for them on facebook, i can't see that they married in the UK so may be in NZ?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Feb 2020 05:21

1939 register
25 Wilderness Lane, Aldridge U.D., Staffordshire, England

s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
Rose B Green (Hcap) 01 Oct 1900 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Widowed 13 1
Ida R Green (Evans,Heap) 18 Dec 1922 Female Assembler Zipp Slide Single 13 2
Joan P Heap 14 May 1927 Female At School Single 13 3

The record for this person is officially closed. Can I get around this?

Sydney Carter 30 Mar 1905 Male Bricklayer Single 13 5
Ref: RG101/5366B/002/44 Letter Code: ORAJ
© Findmypast Ltd

View England & Wales, Civil Registration Birth Index, 1916-2007
Name: Ida R Heap
Registration Date: Jan 1923
[Feb 1923]
[Mar 1923]
Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
Registration district: Walsall
Inferred County: West Midlands
Mother's Maiden Name: Golder
Volume Number: 6b
Page Number: 1317

There is also a Robert born 1943 Wirral Merseyside mmn Heap

Details on FreeBMD

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Feb 2020 09:23

The only way to find the mother’s name on a cert is to purchase a copy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Feb 2020 10:48

The son's birth must have been before Q3 1943

First name(s) IDA R
Last name HEAP
Marriage quarter 3
Marriage year 1943
Registration month -
MarriageFinder ™

IDA R HEAP married Richard A Evans

Ida's death

First name(s) IDA ROSE
Last name GREEN
Gender Female
Birth day 18
Birth month 12
Birth year 1922
Age -
Death quarter 3
Death year 1970
District Dover
County Kent
Volume 5F
Page 965

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Feb 2020 11:28

If you buy (or have bought) the birth cert, we would know what his middle name is, which might help.

There's a Robert Leonard Heap in NZ, on ER for Papakura, Auckland, in 1978 and 1981. He's with a Janet Margaret Heap.

There's a 1963 UK marriage which would fit with that.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Feb 2020 11:37

OP wrote:

Any help with his would be great if you could find my nans name on birth certificate so we have something to go on

So she hasn't bought a cert

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Feb 2020 12:08

ArgyllGran, there is a 'just possible' lady on FB in Auckland who has the same name as one of the daughters to that marriage. Looks just about within the age range? ( but I'm hopeless at guessing ages!)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Feb 2020 12:29

Yes, I see the one you mean, Rose.
Looks highly possible.

The school is a secondary school - from Year 9, per Google - which would fit with the birth year.
School location also fits with the ERs I mentioned earlier.

whitepages.co.nz is currently down for maintenance, it says, so can't check with that.

Have you seen that Facebook page, Abbey?

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Feb 2020 14:05

ArgyllGran i didn't think to look at the school, great thought! I also tried whitepages but down as you say at the moment.

I couldn't make any positive link (through people liking the posts )but it still might be worth Abbey trying to message,

Abbey

Abbey Report 29 Feb 2020 23:00

Hello everyone, thank you for all your help it really seems as tho you have hit the nail on head. We have seen that the Robert L Heap born wensbury was the correct one as his mother’s maiden name on birth certificate was my nans. also we had found the marriage certificate and that tries up as my mum remembers that’s one of the last times she see him and it would have been around that time. Could it be possible for you to give me the name of the daughter so I could look her up on Facebook ..? Also again thank you so much I have been banging my head trying to find it your AMAZING X

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 29 Feb 2020 23:35

PM sent with link to Facebook page.

Also usual warnings about stirring up old and possibly painful memories if Robert's still alive.

Abbey

Abbey Report 1 Mar 2020 01:08

Hi. Thanks for that spoke to lady in question wasn’t who we was looking for. But she was lovely turns out she’s heap by marriage ... but great find and still think the info you have helped us get will help us find them soon :) xx

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Mar 2020 07:58

I'm going to send you the Facebook pages for Janet's nieces. They are the daughters of Janet's elder sister.

Rose

Abbey

Abbey Report 15 Sep 2020 15:41

Hello. Everyone thank you for your help. I wanted to let you know we have now found my mums brother Robert Leonard Heap still in New Zealand. Thank you all so much for your help. We wouldn’t have if you all hadn’t have help me so much. I am again asking for help. Unfortunately Robert never knew much of his real father. Story goes he was married and didn’t step up after my nan fell pregnant. I have done some of my own research and found Roberts dads name is Eric Leonard Qualters I believe I have found his brith date & death. Also one married which is along time after my Uncel was born. Kinda mess with the stories we all heard. I was wondering if anyone would mind helping me again to find any information out on my nans Ida Rose Heap & Eric Leonard Qualters relationship. I know he wasn’t put on birth certificate but she did ask for child maintenance. I just wondering was he married before what I have found?? Or not anything would be a plus. TIA Abbey x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Sep 2020 16:03

Good news that you found your uncle!
Thanks for letting us know.

With such an unusual name, it's easy to find Eric's BMD details, as you have already done.

Posting here for our reference:

Births Sep 1911 (>99%)
QUALTERS Eric L Woodward Walsall 6b 1387

Deaths Jun 1956 (>99%)
Qualters Eric L 44 Walsall 9b 673

The marriage was NOT long after your uncle's birth.
No sign of any previous marriage.

Marriages Sep 1944 (>99%)
DAVIES Annie S Qualters Walsall 6b 1520
QUALTERS Eric L Davies Walsall 6b 1520

Annie Sophia Qualters
in the England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916-2007
Name: Annie Sophia Qualters
Death Age: 76
Birth Date: 3 May 1923
Registration Date: Mar 2000
Registration District: Walsall
Inferred County: West Midlands
Register Number: A60A
District and Subdistrict: 0751A
Entry Number: 25

Eric and family in 1939:

Eric L Qualters
in the 1939 England and Wales Register
Name: Eric L Qualters
Marital status: Single
Birth Date: 19 Jun 1911
Residence Year: 1939
Address: 71, Holden Crecsent
Residence Place: Walsall, Staffordshire, England
Line Number: 35
Schedule Number: 172
Sub Schedule Number: 3
Enumeration District: OOAU
Borough: Walsall
Registration District: 370/1
Household Members:
Name
Jane Qualters
Edward J Qualters
Eric L Qualters
Sydney L Qualters
Kathleen C Qualters

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Sep 2020 16:06

Ida was in Aldridge, Staffs in 1939, as already posted.
Approx 5 miles from Walsall, per Google.

I don't think there's any way we can know how she met Eric between 1939 and 1943

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Sep 2020 16:14

Died at Manor Hospital, Walsall.

Administration to Annie Qualters, widow.

Eric Leonard Qualters
in the England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1995
Name: Eric Leonard Qualters
Death Date: 14 May 1956
Death Place: Staffordshire, Stafford, England
Probate Date: 29 Jun 1956
Probate Registry: Birmingham, England

He and Annie had one child, born in Walsall 1945.