Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Email alert function. Sorted-thank you.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 17 Nov 2011 12:51

Hi Estelle,

Just wondered if you have any news on how long it will take for the email alert function to be fixed?

For those of us who use the site regularly, it isn't really a problem but many new folk will have no idea that they have received replies - especially those who do not read the guidelines!

Thanks.

Cx

:-D :-D :-D

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 17 Nov 2011 17:19

I've just started receiving email notifications again this afternoon. :-D

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 17 Nov 2011 17:42

Yes, so have I. Will amend my heading! :-D

jax

jax Report 17 Nov 2011 17:58

So have you recieved emails for pm's you have already read this week? or is it just new messages?

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 17 Nov 2011 18:46

Haven't been notified about new messages in my private emails for a few days - just found the messages on here.

However, they have have started to appear in my private emails again this afternoon. :-D :-D

JerryH

JerryH Report 17 Nov 2011 19:06

Great that the problem is now fixed

I too reported fthe problem to Genes

HOWEVER as I have still not received any notification for a message sent to me yesterday (to which incidentally I have replied) it seems that I shall need to re-send messages I have sent in the last few days where I see from my Sent Box they have not been read in order to generate an email notification.

Unless anyone knows different!

Jeremy :-|

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 17 Nov 2011 20:23

Only recieved notification for new pms, not yet heard anything about the ones I 'missed' over the last few days, but as I come on site regularly, I'd spotted them anyway.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 18 Nov 2011 17:41

I think they've stopped again! Four new messages just now but nothing in my email notifications??????

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Nov 2011 17:53

mine has been working in the last fifteen minutes. Had about four and alerts for all of them. Only thing is when trying to access from the email got the error message so had to go onto the boards and get in from there.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Nov 2011 17:54

and..... the white envelope is not disappearing once the message is read.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 18 Nov 2011 18:23

Just checked back on my latest one and yes, I have an email alert this time. Had better amend my heading........again! :-D

philmoir

philmoir Report 18 Nov 2011 23:23

Thank you everyone who reported this. The cause of this isnt quite understood, but may have been the mail distribution server being affected by a microsoft or anti virus update that are applied to the server. We are going to put in place an automated checking system that will raise an alert to us if notifications are not being sent.

With regard to emails sent while the system was down we will try to reissue these next week.

Joy

Joy Report 19 Nov 2011 09:36

Reported in here, too
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1285725

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 19 Nov 2011 09:45

Thank you Phil - updates are much appreciated. :-D

Joy

Joy Report 21 Nov 2011 20:50

Not completely sorted - "1 Messages" - no email notification received.

philmoir

philmoir Report 21 Nov 2011 20:52

Apologies all. Will look into this in the morning.

Joy

Joy Report 21 Nov 2011 20:59

... but there is no new message there :-S :-S :-S
You're welcome to look in my messages, Phil; see if you can find it :)

Kense

Kense Report 21 Nov 2011 21:55

I found that the message envelope did not disappear until I closed my Genes window, a simple refresh did not clear it.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 21 Nov 2011 22:03

Just to confirm that I am receiving email alerts without problem now. Cx

Joy

Joy Report 21 Nov 2011 22:55

2 Messages - no email notification.