General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Error Error Error

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Aug 2019 16:41

I hope everyone having the error page problem yet again as reported it to support. They are interested to know but only believe it is happening if people tell them. Every time I want to do anything, ass a post etc I get the error message and have to close down and open up again to get back in. So annoying. And it has been working so well until this.

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Aug 2019 17:04

Ann I will message again, but wonder if it's connected to the problems with FMP at the moment ( error 500) which they are working on?

Island

Island Report 22 Aug 2019 17:06

Yes and yes Ann. :-|

Kay????

Kay???? Report 22 Aug 2019 17:10

Just come on to Error.

Signed out and in and its running fine.

YG

YG Report 22 Aug 2019 17:52

Hi Ann, I started getting errors last night on every post and it still the same now. I have signed out and back in and the same problem again. I will send them an e-mail and wait for one coming back asking what system, what browser etc etc yet again and requesting screen shots!!

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 22 Aug 2019 18:11

I am having ongoing problems with errors too. I have emailed support

Island

Island Report 22 Aug 2019 18:11

A few years back when errors were occurring over a few days GR extended memberships by three days to cover for loss of use. If memory serves me correct, it was only extended to those who reported them.

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 22 Aug 2019 18:14

I am the only one who has posted on my thread today and I am still getting the dreaded Error Page. I am so cros cos the weekends coming up.

Ann in Glos and I have reported it but nothing has been done. :-( :-( :-(

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 22 Aug 2019 18:15

Yes Island you are correct there.

Rose it could be connected I suppose but if so it would help if they would accept that we have a problem and put a thread up to say so.

Island

Island Report 22 Aug 2019 18:19

Perhaps GR are getting the error message too Ann ;-) :-D

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 22 Aug 2019 18:22

I’m not having any problem getting on. I do always logout when I’ve finished and log back on next time but I am getting the error message every time I try to submit a post. I have emailed support.

Mersey

Mersey Report 22 Aug 2019 18:24

I have tried all this afternoon and still getting it....getting on me nerves now :-P :-P

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 22 Aug 2019 18:30

No problems yesterday or today whether on mobile phone or desktop.
Not signing in/Out.
No 500 errors.
Ymmv.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Aug 2019 18:32

Just got it again a few mins ago

Had to call up the website again to get back in :-(

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 22 Aug 2019 18:58

Av software sometimes provokes the 500 server error. Try running with av disabled.

Island

Island Report 22 Aug 2019 19:08

Disable AV???? It's GRs problem - as usual.

You'll be telling us to change browser next. :-\

Fly

Fly Report 22 Aug 2019 19:20

I have also reported the problem

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 22 Aug 2019 19:29

Microsoft have advised IIS server users that as a result of fighting Code Red some AV products provoke 500 errors. They advise operators to update their servers and take other steps. The AV products in question are McAffee and Norton. We do not use either.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Aug 2019 23:26

I had my first 'error' notification earlier today - I couldn't get on the site :-D
I have neither McAffee nor Norton. I'm also still on (believe it or not) Windows 7, yet appear to have had less problems than others.
Neither do I have problems with other sites.
Having said that - my 'tab' says 'error error error - General Chat'.
Hmm - perhaps it's Genes.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Aug 2019 08:09

Well I am on my apple iPad and still couldn’t get in

It’s a genes problem not our browsers