Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Crump, Hipkiss & Niblett

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah Gillian

Deborah Gillian Report 4 Aug 2017 03:37

Hi My Mum and I are looking for her Biological Family. If the surnames Crump, Hipkiss or Niblett have any link to you please message us.

We have seen that one of her siblings has created an account to look for My Mum, this is a big shock to my mum and I am doing the searching as it's emotionally hard for her.

She is now unsure whether she was born in 1962 or 1963!. She was given to Barnardos by her Biological Mother Marjory Crump aka Niblett aka Dudley. My mums Biological mother was born on the 4th December 1931 (ironically I was born on the same day and month) so that's freaky that I share a birthday with a Nan I have never met, seen or known.

If you know anything or know of any links please contact us.

Annabelle (Deborah's Daughter)

<3

patchem

patchem Report 4 Aug 2017 06:25

Welcome to genesreunited, Annabelle.

Just putting this here for reference:

Marriages Jun 1952
CRUMP Marjory NIBLETT Birmingham 9c 431
NIBLETT Raymond CRUMP Birmingham 9c 431

Marriages Mar 1976
DUDLEY John T NIBLETT Wolverhampton 34 524
NIBLETT MARJORY DUDLEY WOLVERHMPTN 34 524

NOT this birth, if born in December 1931:
Births Mar 1931
Crump Marjory Field Birmingham S. 6d 225

Added:
Gary Niblett has her as born in 1930 in his tree on here, which could fit with that March quarter registration in 1931.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Aug 2017 07:54

Does the surname Fowler also mean something?

Possible children appear to be:

Julie 1952/1953, Sandra 1956/1957, Gary 1959, Priscilla 1961/1962, Deborah A 1963, Ian 1964, Tina Marie 1966

Marjory also had a twin Silvia/Sylvia.

Rose

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Aug 2017 08:22

That birth for Marjory would appear to be correct. From Freebmd she was a twin. Here's the family in 1939 and although Marjory's record is closed, her twin's record shows a birthday of 4 December.

1939 REGISTER TRANSCRIPTION
Crump Household (5 People)
437 Ridgacre Lane , Birmingham C.B., Warwickshire, England

Albert Crump
DOB 11 Jun 1903
SEX Male
OCCUPATION Fitter & Tester Diesel Engine
MARITAL STATUS Married
SCHEDULE 158
SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER 1

Beatrice V Crump
DOB 09 Jun 1903
SEX Female
OCCUPATION Unpaid Domestic Duties
MARITAL STATUS Married
SCHEDULE 158
SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER 2

Sorry, this record is officially closed. Check if you can open a closed record.

Sylvia Darby (Crump)
DOB 04 Dec 1930
SEX Female
OCCUPATION At School
MARITAL STATUS Single
SCHEDULE 158
SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER 4

John A Crump
DOB 26 Jul 1932
SEX Male
OCCUPATION At School
MARITAL STATUS Single
SCHEDULE 158
SCHEDULE SUB NUMBER 5
Ref: RG101/5520I/012/01 Letter Code: QARA
© Findmypast Ltd

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Aug 2017 08:26

Wonder who registered her mother's death.

First name(s) BEATRICE VICTORIA
Last name CRUMP
Gender Female
Birth day 9
Birth month 6
Birth year 1903
Age -
Death quarter 1
Death year 1993
District Bromsgrove
District number 5121A
Register number 25C
Entry number 009
Date of registration mm/yy 0293
County Worcestershire
Country England
Record set England & Wales Deaths 1837-2007
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Deaths & burials
Collections from Great Britain, England
© Findmypast

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Aug 2017 08:30

First name(s) ALBERT
Last name CRUMP
Gender Male
Birth day 11
Birth month 6
Birth year 1903
Age -
Death quarter 2
Death year 1994
District Bromsgrove
District number 5121A
Register number 28C
Entry number 134
Date of registration mm/yy 0594
County Worcestershire
Country England
Record set England & Wales Deaths 1837-2007
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Deaths & burials
Collections from Great Britain, England
© Findmypast

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Aug 2017 08:46

You can find Sylvia's marriage and the names of her 3 children on Freebmd if you wish to follow them up. You never know, they may have had contact with Marjory.

Deborah Gillian

Deborah Gillian Report 4 Aug 2017 09:23

To RootGatherer,

Thank you so much for helping. I find it very hard as a social work are my mum asked for the records from typed them up by herself and it would appear that the information that this person had given my mum has a few missing pieces to the puzzle. It does make me ponder as to the whereabouts of my biological grandmother and my mum's biological mother. In a funny sense with God that she was a bit of a floozy and had many love affairs to put it nicely. It's so hard looking at all this information because we get so many different angles to go at, I will definitely look into Sylvia and her children. It's kind of nice to know that there is a possibility that my mum's biological mother and auntie are still alive fingers crossed. My mum and I've been looking for over 15 years for her biological family aside this is a great improvement X

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Aug 2017 09:39

Annabelle, I'm just wondering why Sylvia's record on the 1939 register is open as I can't see a death registration for her but it is possible that she too remarried. I'll keep looking but perhaps in the meantime some of the other helpers may come up with some more information to help with your quest.

Flip

Flip Report 4 Aug 2017 09:52

This could be Sylvia's probate record:

DARBY SYLVIA 23 June 2010 3302263 11 May 2010 Grant and will Birmingham Add to basket

death 11 May, probate granted 23 June. A copy could be ordered from here (cost is £10 I believe)

https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate

Deborah Gillian

Deborah Gillian Report 4 Aug 2017 10:13

It's bizarre that I can't find Marjory. Also is Sylvia had died wouldn't that have a link somewhere to the tree. I'm still awaiting acceptance to Gary's tree. Never imagined it be so detailed lol my mum is in shock x

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Aug 2017 10:26

Using 192.com, Sylvia's daughter and her husband are showing on the ERs until 2002. It may be that they opted out of the open register after then so could still be at the same address. Might be worth your while getting some credits to check it out.

Deborah Gillian

Deborah Gillian Report 4 Aug 2017 10:31

What are ther names x

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Aug 2017 10:34

Will send them by PM :-)

Deborah Gillian

Deborah Gillian Report 4 Aug 2017 10:37

I have looked up on bt phone book online and there are a few Darby but I need names x

Deborah Gillian

Deborah Gillian Report 4 Aug 2017 10:47

I need the address if you have it please x <3

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Aug 2017 10:52

Have sent you a PM with the names of Sylvia's children. Also one with her daughter's married name and that of her husband. You need to buy credits to get the address from 192.com

I need to sign off now as I have to be in town for a lunch engagement. Good luck.

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Aug 2017 12:08

Will send the address for Marjory up to 2006, there is no sale of the property showing over recent years, but it could be a rental as there are flats on that road.

also sending a poss address for 2007, the name is possibly mispelled but is in the same area...possibly a care home.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Aug 2017 18:12

Annabelle -

you say your mum " is now unsure whether she was born in 1962 or 1963 ".

Doesn't she have a copy of her birth cert?

Her birth was registered in the first quarter of 1964, in Surrey Northern reg district - you can find the ref numbers on FreeBMD, and buy a copy from GRO.
She would have been born either at the end of 1963, or the beginning of 1964.

Registered as Crump, although Marjory's name was Niblett by that time.

EDIT:

That's if I've got the right birth!
Are your mum's middle initials A L?

If Gillian is a middle name, then that's not the right birth.

Deborah Gillian

Deborah Gillian Report 4 Aug 2017 19:29

Her Adopted name is Deborah Gillian but she was Born Deborah Anne. Her adopted parents never had a copy, mum tried getting one years back and there was no record of it being 1963 and the registration office said she needed more info. It's really confusing her as there are 2 records one 1962 & 1963. It's so complex and seeing as my Biological Grandmother (My Mums Biological Mother) was a bit fancy free with men it's hard to trace. :-S