Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BUG: Remember me not working FIXED

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

StephenGodfrey

StephenGodfrey Report 13 Jun 2011 08:58

I ask the staff to fix the problem, the sign in page seems unable to do.
Since if it says - Remember my password on this computer.

for each time i go away from the sit i have to resign in...

:-S :-S :-S :-S

Neil

Neil Report 13 Jun 2011 09:38

Me too. For the first time ever I am having to sign in every time I come on to the site even though I never log out. I also have to enter my password every time even though it is supposed to remember it.

Any sign of this being put right yet pkease GR?

Neil

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 13 Jun 2011 11:05

Hi Guys, there are so many threads on this topic on here and on FB that it must be a major embarrassment to GR. However, they still haven't fixed the probs. One wonders why!

Cx

Persephone

Persephone Report 13 Jun 2011 13:31

I don't have the problem anymore now that I continually use the ZA link... they seem to know me in South Africa... and it is advert free....

StephenGodfrey

StephenGodfrey Report 13 Jun 2011 13:53

May be you can share the link so that this problem may go away

wisechild

wisechild Report 13 Jun 2011 13:54

had a response from the GR team this morning.
Guess what?
All the problems are caused by my browser.
Nothing to do with Genes.

jax

jax Report 13 Jun 2011 13:59

I have sorted mine too..............I dont shut down the computer just close the lid :-D

jax

Persephone

Persephone Report 13 Jun 2011 14:01

Stephen

use genesreunited.co,za and if it defaults to UK just go back to the tool bar and change the uk to za....
I live in NZ but have not used the NZ log in since 2006. I either use uk or za and have recently found za to be my best bet.

Good idea to clear your cache of all previous GR log ins and start again.

Persie

Jane

Jane Report 13 Jun 2011 14:13

I emailed GR about my logging in problems and they havent bothered to read the email never mind try and fix the problem.

Jane

jax

jax Report 13 Jun 2011 14:43

Have you clicked on send message Jane?

I dont think that works anyway

jax

Persephone

Persephone Report 13 Jun 2011 15:00

I think somehow they have been bombarded with these messages of late Jane....

not from Jax, not a lot works for her ;-)

Jane

Jane Report 13 Jun 2011 16:23

Yes I have clicked send

It is sitting in my Sent messages unopened.

Jane

Joy

Joy Report 13 Jun 2011 16:33

Using co,za, sometimes one has to sign in, sometimes one doesn't.
In my experience recently, this applies to all versions of the site.

Joy

Joy Report 13 Jun 2011 16:44

http://www.genesreunited.co.za/account.page/login?nextpage=%2fhome%2fdefault.aspx%3f

- had to sign in :-(

jax

jax Report 13 Jun 2011 17:36

You have to send a proper email Jane to

[email protected]

jax

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 13 Jun 2011 17:52

On FB they are apologising because the site keeps going 'intermittently down'.

It isn't anything to do with browsers/caches etc. The problem lies with GR unfortunately.

I've only just manage to log on after trying for a while.

Cx.

StephenGodfrey

StephenGodfrey Report 13 Jun 2011 18:16

It seems to have run amok, i have had over 200 watched threads in the last hour. Which i deleted only to find a futher 60. the problem that i posted is nothing to do with your browser or caches. And i concure with Cynthia the problem lines firmly with GR. So don't be fobbed off they know the problem.

This was the responce from - Julie last week around the 6th June

Our technical team are aware of the specific problem that you reported and we will be implementing a solution as soon as is possible.

===+++
Answer – the same length as two half’s

Persephone

Persephone Report 14 Jun 2011 00:39

I was offering a stopgap... I am well aware that they know... but how long does it take to fix the problem. I could look back but this has been happening well before 6th of June.

If I had a leaking roof I wouldn't expect my plumber to take so long to fix the leak.

As an MP in our parliament said " how long is a piece of string? The answer may as well be Mary Jane."

Persie

StephenGodfrey

StephenGodfrey Report 15 Jun 2011 19:47

Well gone most of the day without resigning in. but and it is a big but it has not lasted long since it has sign me out again.

Stephen

Persephone

Persephone Report 16 Jun 2011 01:58

Stephen

I have taken this from a list of things that GR are working through from one of the GR staff

"As you must all be aware we have (and sadly are) experiencing technical difficulties in the last few weeks. We have identified some problems areas and these are being worked on and tested."

Persie