Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MARRIAGE CERT ARRIVED STILL NO CLUE HELP!!!!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacky

Jacky Report 20 Jan 2009 18:07

i have recived the marriage cert that i was waiting for but still no closer to solving my problem the marraige cert now gives me my brides original surname but can find nothing
HENRY CROMACK married ELIZABETH PECKITT(born c1836 cheshire) in sept 1877 in leeds she is given as a widow i know all about HENRY CROMACK its ELIZABETH PECKITT i.m looking for infomatiuon on from her marriage cert it gives her faher as THOMAS HEWITT occupation groom so that must be her original surname but i can.t find a marriage for any ELIZABETH HEWITT to a man named PECKITT i know she had a daughter ANNIE E PCEKITT dob c1870 leeds but who was the father i know what your going to say order daughters birth cert but i thought i would try it this way first in case i have missed anything as getting all these certs are proving very expensive my only other idea is that she married someone else befor she married the PECKITT fellow i should mention i have found her on the 1841 & 51 census but she vanishes after that until she turns up in 1881 census with HENRY CROMACK

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you in advance for any help or infomation

jacky

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 20 Jan 2009 18:17

Could this be her in 1871? No daughter though.
The Marsh, Rostherne, Cheshire
James Hartley Peckitt, head, 32, joiner, born Rostherne
Elizabeth, wife, 34, born Chester
Emily, niece, 5, born Yorks, Leeds

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 20 Jan 2009 18:20

FreeBMD:
James Hartley Peckitt and Elizabeth Davies married Sep. Q 1865, Gt. Boughton. (8a 492)

ValT

ValT Report 20 Jan 2009 18:23

Hi what did you find her as on the 1841 & 1851 census?

Jacky

Jacky Report 20 Jan 2009 18:25

BRILLIANT
thank you so much for that infomation i will check it out now where would us know nothings be with out all your help
thank you thank you
jacky

Jacky

Jacky Report 20 Jan 2009 18:27

hi
i belive that she is with her father thomas hewitt & mother hannah in cheshire in 1841 & in 1851 i belive she is with her grandparents thats if i.m right its gives her birth as 1837 egerton cheshire
jacky

ValT

ValT Report 20 Jan 2009 18:28

Hi found these.

Marriages Mar 1855
DAVIES John Altrincham 8a 205
HEWITT Elizabeth Jane Altrincham 8a 205

Marriages Sep 1865
Davies Elizabeth Gt Boughton 8a 492
Peckitt James Hartley Gt. Boughton 8a 492

Not sure if the same Elizabeth but seems to work out.

Jacky

Jacky Report 20 Jan 2009 18:34

val
thank you for the infomation i will look at that one too i.m all excited now .ha .ha as i have been searching alday since the cert arrived hubby will be pleased when lecky bill comes in lol
once again thank you everyone
jacky

ValT

ValT Report 20 Jan 2009 18:39

What was Elizabeth's occupation in 1851?

Jacky

Jacky Report 20 Jan 2009 18:50

hi val
just had a quick look its says in 1851 she is living with her grandparants shes aged 15 & occupation is given as sevant on census

jacky

ps just nipping off to do tea will be back in a bout an hour
once again thank you for all help & infomation

Moody Blue

Moody Blue Report 20 Jan 2009 19:32

IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download | Print

Elizabeth
Female

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
10 JUL 1836 Malpas, Cheshire, England
Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: Thomas Hewitt Family
Mother: Hannah

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:
C866034 1820 - 1858 1538147 Film NONE

Her siblings?

1. Matthia - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 13 SEP 1846 Malpas, Cheshire, England
2. Martha - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 14 JAN 1844 Malpas, Cheshire, England
3. Mary - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 07 OCT 1832 Malpas, Cheshire, England
4. Sarah - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 06 APR 1828 Malpas, Cheshire, England

Jacky

Jacky Report 23 Jan 2009 09:25

UP DATE BELOW

at last the cert has arrived i sent for ANNIE E PECKITT marriage cert trying to kill 2 birds with one stone to confirm her marraige witch it has but mostley to see who her father was as per my puzzle as her mother was ELIZABETH HEWITT (birth name) father THOMAS HEWITT as stated on her marriage cert to HENRY CROMACK what we were trying to find was the first name of the PECKITT fellow she married before HENRY i now know that he was THOMAS PECKITT he was a coachman (not JAMES HARTLEY PECKITT AS FIRST THOUGHT ) as this is what it says on there daughters marriage cert ( ANNIE E PECKITT ) so i have now gone onto to see if i can find a marriage for ELIZABETH HEWITT to anyone before she married THOMAS PECKITT as there is no marriage for a ELIZABETH HEWITT to a THOMAS PECKITT that i can find
sorry hope this make sense to someone as i.m confusing myself
any help or suggetions would be great thank you in advance
jacky

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 23 Jan 2009 09:34

Jacky

I've jumped onto this one late.

We need the surname of Elizabeth before she married Mr Peckitt? I believe she married the last guy in 1877, Her daughter's Father was Thomas and she was born 1870. So we are looking for a marriage before 1870 and after 1857 (which is when Elizabeth would have been 21).

You have her on the 1841 and 1851 census and she's gone until the 1881 census.

Have i missed anything?

Tracey x

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 23 Jan 2009 09:37

Could this be Thomas Peckitt's death?

Deaths Sep 1874
PECKITT Thomas 56 York 9d 26

Tracey x

Jacky

Jacky Report 23 Jan 2009 09:38

hi tracy
thanks for looking you have it all correct apart from ELIZABETH HEWITT was born 1835 father THOMAS mother HANNAH
jacky

Jacky

Jacky Report 23 Jan 2009 09:41

hi
yes this could be a possible death for THOMAS PECKITT as she marraied again in 1877 to HENRY CROMACK aged 42 & widower (surname PECKITT) on the marraige cert
in the 1881 census ELIZABETH is seen with HENRY CROMACK & ANNIE E PECKITT step daughter

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 23 Jan 2009 09:43

I'm a little concerned about Annie E Peckitt..... this is the only birth i can find?

Births Jun 1881
PECKITT Annie Elizabeth York 9d 24

Tracey x

Jacky

Jacky Report 23 Jan 2009 09:45

so basically we are tring to find a connecting surname from HEWITT to ???? & ??????? TO PECKITT
JACKY

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 23 Jan 2009 09:45

I wonder if Annie inherited the Peckitt name but was actually born under another surname?

Tracey x

Jacky

Jacky Report 23 Jan 2009 09:48

hi tracy
i have ANNIE ELIZA PECKITT marriage cert on it it says she is aged 24 spinster father THOMAS PECKITT
jacky